Students at Work

I often receive comments from my students after they have taken a workshop.  It is a delight to see artists take flight and learn to conquer their fears and move forward with the techniques we explore.  Here is a note from Montana artist Susan Gellner and a photo of her work since our time together in my studio.

"I practiced technique on a smaller piece yesterday. The circles look odd in the photo but they were done by pounding an object into the wax and then rubbing in burnt umber. It’s called Moving Forward as I refuse to stop and absolutely love the techniques you taught me. I should be getting the larger panels of Baltic birch within the next month. In the meantime, practicing on smalls (8X8) is giving me more confidence. Thanks for the tip on how to do the final coat."


No comments:

Post a Comment