New Website, Blogging, Facebook and Who Am I?

I recently redesigned my website with the help of a fantastic local company, the ZaneRay Group. They design many national and international sites, including the Patagonia website, which is one of the most complex outdoor apparel shopping sites around. The entire process forced me to look at the nature of my artmaking and teaching life and business. Immediately, I had the ability to share more, sell more, and "be" more. In the end, I ended up doing what I always have done. My aim is to become a great painter.

Along the way, I have found that I enjoy teaching and the contact with other artists that the workshops provide. Do I need to be a the top of the Google search for "Encaustic Workshops?" Probably not. Who Am I? Shawna Moore, an artist, a mom, a teacher. I may be too simple or too complex to sum up in a single Google search word or phrase, and I'm OK with that. Can you engineer your success? Parts of it, maybe. My website is beautiful and functions well. I also have a friend at Fly Girls Media who helps me greatly with social media and tweaking my site. These are good and necessary things. Will they make me a great painter, probably not. Will coming up at the top of a Google search make me happy? Probably not. Am I complete, am I done, is it good enough? No! Do I live in a modern world, where devices, screens and contact consume my mind and my time? Yes. Can I redouble my efforts to stay more engaged with my artwork, using process and materials to feed my relentless for progress, recognition, and success. Let's hope so.

The goal is to be a great painter. The workshops, websites, facebook postings are the accoutrements of modern business and life. Enjoy them, use them, but they are only accessory to the day by day practice of creativity training and mustering the courageto express and engage as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment